As we head into September, we move toward the 6-month mark of living with the global pandemic. In response, we have reinvented the way we provide service to the community. And now, as of September 8, we will be able to open the library in a modified way, by appointment, following all health and safety protocols.
The three main safety protocols are:
1. Masks will be mandatory, no exceptions, for the safety of all (we will accommodate those with medical exemptions by continuing to provide curbside service and home delivery service).
2. Point-of-service desks now have glass or polycarbonate shields.
3. There will be a door monitor to ask health questions and get contact tracing information.
The library will also look a bit different. We have rearranged the center area to accommodate social distancing in accordance with CDC and Brookfield Health Department guidelines. But, our same amazing staff will be here to greet you and to help you with whatever you need!
We want to take a moment to highlight how we will continue to provide service without you having to come inside:
1. Providing access to digital materials, ebooks, movies and more through our Hoopla downloadable media service.
2. Getting books to you at the curbside or having our own Lynn Harrison deliver them to your home.
3. Seeing one of our virtual storytimes with Miss Debbie or Miss Meg, joining our online meditation or any of our other programs via Zoom, Facebook or YouTube.
4. Need advice on what to read next? Go to our website for professional librarian advice on some interesting titles tailored just for you.
5. Or, call or email Jenn, our IT Librarian, for one-on-one tech help.
As always, we are here for you. And we look forward to, once again, welcoming you through our doors and greeting you in person!
Weekly hours by appointment only:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday – 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Thursday – 2:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Our curbside pickup hours will remain the same.