Do you need help with your iPad, Kindle, cell phone, or other electronic device? Please complete this form to request an appointment for one-on-one help.
We have a document and photo scanner available for public use.
We have Notaries on staff and are pleased to offer this service.
Criteria that The Brookfield Library Notaries follow:
– Customer must sign document(s) in front of Notary.
(Notaries cannot sign documents unless they are certain that the customer is who he/she purports to be.)
– Customer must provide Notary with valid photo identification and one other form of identification with or without a photo (for example, a credit card).
– A document to be notarized must consist of a legal form. (It cannot be a handwritten piece of paper.)
– Each Notary will each maintain a journal wherein each transaction will be noted.
– If a state referred to in the document is other than Connecticut, a Notary must cross out the state cited and replace it using the state of Connecticut. Notaries in the library hold credentials only in Connecticut.
– Information to be notarized must appear on the document pages. (Notaries will not notarize blank pages or pages not related to the body of the document.)
We will fax documents at the cost of $1.00 per page. There is no fee for the cover page.
We have a microfilm and fiche reader available for public use. We also have The Brookfield Journal and The Housatonic Times on microfilm from March 1957 forward.