Community & Technology Services
Homebound Delivery Service
Residents of Brookfield who are unable to come to the library due to illness (short-term or long-term), disability, or non-driver status are eligible for this program.
The following materials are available for delivery:
Books (regular and large print)
Books on tape and CD
Instructional Audio Tapes
Instructional Video Tapes
Regular deliveries will be scheduled at your convenience.
Please contact library by phone (203-775-6241, ext. 101) or email Anita Barney for further information.
Public Computers & Printing
We have 15 computers available for public use. We also offer printing at the cost of $.15/page for black and white and $.50/page for color.
Wireless printing from your laptop or other mobile device is also available. Please see this page for more information.
Help With Your Personal Technology
Do you need help with your iPad, Kindle, cell phone, or other electronic device? Please complete this form to request an appointment for one-on-one help.
We have a document and photo scanner available for public use.
We have Notaries on staff and are pleased to offer this service at a charge of $3.00 per document notarized.
Criteria that The Brookfield Library Notaries follow:
- Customer must sign document(s) in front of Notary.
(Notaries cannot sign documents unless they are certain that the customer is who he/she purports to be.)
- Customer must provide Notary with valid photo identification.
- A document to be notarized must consist of a legal form. (It cannot be a handwritten piece of paper.)
- Each Notary will each maintain a journal wherein each transaction will be noted.
- If a state referred to in the document is other than Connecticut, a Notary must cross out the state cited and replace it using the state of Connecticut. Notaries in the library hold credentials only in Connecticut.
- Information to be notarized must appear on the document pages. (Notaries will not notarize blank pages or pages not related to the body of the document.)
We will fax documents at the cost of $1.00 per page. There is no fee for the cover page.
We have a microfilm and fiche reader available for public use. We also have The Brookfield Journal and The Housatonic Times on microfilm from March 1957 forward.